Copyediting is the part of the editing process that comes after content editing and line editing.
The primary goal is to maintain your voice. Your work should sound like you. The second goal of copyediting is to ensure that:
- sentence structure (syntax) is accurate
- word choice/usage helps the reader enjoy your writing
- consistent language style is maintained
- facts, names, and dates are accurate
- tables, graphs, illustrations, and artwork are reflective of the text, and are accurate
Proofreading is the final piece to the editing process. It comes after copyediting, and typically after formatting.
The primary goal is to eliminate as many errors as possible, so that your reader is not distracted. Proofreading is a check for:
- text formatting (e.g. do all the chapter titles follow the same format)
- tables, graphs, illustrations, art work consistency with the text
Fiction (including Middle Grades and Young Adult)
Non-Fiction (including Devotionals, Bible Studies, Manuals/Guides)
Board Books, Story and Picture Books, Early Reader Books
$50 flat fee for up to 15 pages of text and pictures.
$1/page for each additional page.
Contact me for your personalized estimate.