Copy editing is the part of the editing process that comes after content editing and line editing.
The primary goal is to maintain your voice. Your work should sound like you. The second goal of copy editing is to ensure that:
- sentence structure (syntax) is accurate
- word choice/useage helps the reader enjoy your writing
- consistent language style is maintained
- facts, names, and dates are accurate
- tables, graphs, illustrations, and artwork are reflective of the text, and are accurate
Proofreading is the final piece to the editing process. It comes after copy editing, and sometimes after formatting.
The primary goal is to eliminate as many errors as possible, so that your reader is not distracted. Proofreading is a check for:
- text formatting (e.g. do all the chapter titles follow the same format)
- tables, graphs, illustrations, art work consistency with the text
Fiction (including Middle Grades and Young Adult), Devotionals, Bible Studies, Manuals/Guides
Proofreading, 1 cent per word
Copy Editing, 1.6 cents per word
Both Services (when booked at the same time), 2.2 cents per word
These are examples of approximate cost. Please contact me for your personalized estimate.
Board Books, Story and Picture Books, Early Reader Books
- $60.00, up to 20 pages (minimum price)
- $3.00/page, 21-80 pages
- $2.00/page, 81 pages and up